FOG LIT 2015 EMERGING WRITERS CONTEST
We are proud to present the third annual Fog Lit Emerging Writers Contest for the Greater Saint John area. Fog Lit aims to promote our talented pool of local writers by going beyond the five day festival, and giving everyone an opportunity to share their work.
All winning entries will appear in Fog Lit Journal, Volume 3. Any writer in the area, who has not been traditionally published, is encouraged to enter.
The deadline for submissions is midnight AST February 12th, 2016
ENTRY FORMS FOR ENGLISH ENTRY : HERE
ENTRY FORMS FOR FRENCH ENTRY : HERE
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Eligibility: Previously published stories are not eligible. Fog Lit defines an emerging writer as someone who does not have a book published (traditionally or e-published). ** All entrants must be residents of Kings County, Saint John County or Charlotte County.
- Format: Entries must be typed, double spaced on plain white 8’ by 11’ paper, in standard fonts such as Times Roman or Arial, size 11 or 12.
- This is a blind competition. Please do not include your name on any of the pages.Please use the entry form as your cover page. Story pages must contain a page number and the title of your story as a header. Poetry entries must not exceed 100 lines. Short Fiction entries must not exceed 3000 words. Entries will not be returned. **Limit of three (3) entries.
- Prizes: 1st Place =$100; 2nd Place =$50; 3rd Place = $25 plus all winning entries will be published in the Fog Lit Journal.
- Entry Fee is $15 for Adult Short Fiction and Adult Poetry categories (18 years and older) Entry Fee is free for Youth Short Fiction and Youth Poetry categories (10-17 years old), as well as the Comic Book Category (8 – 11 years old), and the Adult Literacy category.Payments can be made through PayPal or by cheque payable to Fog Lit Festival Inc.
- Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail entries to: 190 Vincent RoadQuispamsis, NBE2E 1P5Attn: Rosalyn Hyslop