This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Taylor 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

foglit
    Admin

Hi everyone,

I’ve been working on a draft for the 2017 bookmark and I thought that I would share it with you. Feedback would be appreciated!

Bookmark (Front)

foglit
    Admin

I can’t see the attachment. How do we access it?

foglit
    Admin

I’m not sure why it isn’t showing up. Perhaps my link is broken. I’ve uploaded the draft to the Google Drive, so you can view it there. Sorry about that!

Laura Taylor
    Participant

Could you fade fog into true white so that by the edges it is white so the top text is black on white. Also the blocks of dark grey would have better effect if they were black.

Remember our main audience, even though we are trying to reach other demographics, is older and needs clear text with good contrast.

I’m still not fond of centred text. You might want to go bolder with it.

foglit
    Admin

An updated version of the draft can be found on the Google Drive. I attempted doing a right justification with the events text, but it felt off due to the position of the logo on the bookmark. I took your advice and made the text bolder/a bit bigger instead. Let me know if you can think of any other ways to improve it! If you look at the draft and still aren’t a fan of the centered text, I can always change it.

Laura Taylor
    Participant

That is better. I still don’t think there is enough contrast on our ‘for readers and writers’ tagline. Instead of fading the fog into white, how about just adding a white background to the top block?

foglit
    Admin

I’ve changed the background behind the tagline to white and changed the tagline to “Read. Write. Discover” which was decided upon at last night’s meeting. The updated draft can be found on the Google Drive.

Laura Taylor
    Participant

I think that the white background there is better. Draws the eye and adds legibility.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.