Fog Lit Journal Submissions
Submissions for the fifth edition of the Fog Lit Journal will be accepted from September 26th to December 1st, 2018. Acceptable submissions include writing (short fiction, essays, poetry) and art and/or photography. It is recommended that all art and photography submissions adhere to the theme of Fog Lit’s signature Three Sisters Lamp, located on Prince William Street.
Please review the rules and regulations below thoroughly before submitting, and keep in mind that any submissions made before September 26th or after December 1st will not be considered. Any inquiries may be directed to email@example.com.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- All entrants must be residents of Saint John County, Kings County, or Charlotte County.
- Limit of three (3) submissions per person in each category (written, artwork, photography).
- All art or photographs must be Saint John-inspired and must contain the Three Sisters lamp.
- Entrants may not submit work that has been published elsewhere or commercially printed. However, any work that has previously appeared on personal websites, social networking sites, or other non-commercial appearances may be submitted.
- Entrees are welcome to be created non-digitally; however, only digital submissions will be accepted. If artwork is created non-digitally, please scan or take a photo.
- All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Fog Lit Journal Submission” no earlier than September 26th and no later than December 1st, 2018 at 11:59PM AST.
- All files submitted must be no larger than 20MB.
- All art/photo submissions must be in either .jpg, .gif or .png. PDF files are encouraged for written works.
- Work submitted can fit any dimension; however, keep in mind that editing and cropping may need to take place in order to fit the page dimensions of the journal.
- Fog Lit Book Festival retains the right to edit any submissions.
- All submissions must contain the following in the body of the email:
- Address (including postal code)
- Title of Submission (if applicable).