Fog Lit Journal Cover Contest
The Fog Lit Journal Cover Contest is a community artistic competition where the Fog Lit Festival will accept submissions in order to be considered as the cover of the Fog Lit Journal, Volume IV. If selected, the artist is given publication credits, a copy of the journal, and a cash prize of $100. The winner will be selected by popular vote in-person at Fog Lit’s Launch Event. The Art submissions may be auctioned off in a silent auction with all proceeds going to the artist. Please review the rules and regulations thoroughly. Any inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- All entrants must be residents of Saint John County, Kings County or Charlotte County.
- Limit of one (1) submission per person.
- The design or photograph must be Saint John-inspired and must contain the Three Sisters lamp.
- Entrants may not submit work that has been published elsewhere or commercially printed. However, any work that has previously appeared on personal websites, social networking sites, or other non-commercial appearances may be submitted.
- Entrees are welcome to be created non-digitally; however, only digital submissions will be accepted. If artwork is created non-digitally, please scan or take a photo.
- All submissions must be e-mailed to email@example.com using the subject line “Fog Lit Cover” no later than August 25, 2017 at 11:59PM AST.
- All files submitted must be no larger than 20MB.
- All submissions must be in either .jpg, .gif or .png
- Work submitted can fit any dimension; however, keep in mind that the cover of the journal is 8.5”x11” so editing and cropping may need to take place in order to suit our purposes.
- Fog Lit Festival retains the right to edit any submissions.
- The artwork and file name may not contain any mention of the entrant’s name or any indicating personal information.
- All submissions must contain the following in the body of the e-mail:
- Address (including postal code),
- Title of Submission (if applicable).
- All entrants must indicate whether they are willing to allow their art to be auctioned at a silent auction which will take place at the Fog Lit Festival 2017 Launch Event in late August (date and location TBD). All profits of art sold will go to the artist.
Deadline EXTENDED: August 25, 2017 at 11:59PM AST